California State Retirees (CSR)
“Protect the pension and health benefits of all retired state employees”
WHO ARE WE?
California State Retirees are the largest retiree organization in California with over 36,000 members. We are former active state employees, from all employee groups, working for the State of California; including California State Universities, rank and file, supervision, exempt, health & safety, law enforcement, fire, engineering, and many more.
WHAT DO WE DO?
In 1927 California State Employees and Retirees joined forces and began the fight for a retirement system. On June 9, 1931 the bill was signed into law and the retirement system was born; California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS). With the effort of many became the creation of the Retirement System and many benefits for active and retired state workers including cost-of-living increases, supplemental payments for those whose pensions have lost more than 25 percent of purchasing power, increased health benefits, dental benefits and long term care.
We continue to:
- Advocate for current and future retirees and member benefits with the California Legislature, CalPERS, Department of Human Resources and other entities.
- Fight to protect our benefits as dollars become scarce and inflation continues to rise
- Appear before CalPERS to fight for improvements in health benefits and stop abuse of increases by medical providers
- Develop legislation to maintain and improve benefits for state workers and retirees
- Do Public Service in our local communities
WHAT DO WE NEED FROM YOU?
- Support in fighting to maintain our health benefits without takeaways
- Support in keeping our retirement compensation in tact
- Support of legislation to increase benefits and help sustain livable standards for retirees
- Support in changing public perception of state workers